Summer is the perfect time to try out a fresh new salad. Fruit and veggies are waiting to be picked and tossed into delicious combinations. Nothing is quite as refreshing as a summer salad. Here are some fun variations to try out:
* Mix your favorite fruit together and top it with yogurt and granola for a delicious breakfast.
* Combine spinach leaves, feta, tomatoes and dried cranberries with strawberry vinaigrette. Add chicken pieces for some protein or croutons for some crunch.
* Put chopped red onions in a salad to add some zest.
* Take advantage of in-season squash and make a squash salad. Use zucchini, yellow and green squash.
* Try a fun citrus vinaigrette to add a kick. Combine orange juice, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and olive oil to make a super tasty dressing.